Moroccan Salmon Recipe an elegant and easy to make sweet moroccan baked salmon with a sweet caramelized onions dried raisins sauce, perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 salmon filets
- Pinch of saffron filaments
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium sized onion thinly sliced
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2-4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup dried raisins (let it soak in warm water 1/2 hour before)
- Marinate the salmon pieces in a mix of lime juice, salt, pepper, saffron filaments and honey and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- Place the salmon in a lightly greased baking pan and bake uncovered, at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and let it cook for 15 minutes. Add the raisins, honey and cinnamon. Let it cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, until the juices evaporate and the sauce becomes concentrated. Discard the cinnamon stick.
- Serve the salmon drizzled with the sauce
This dish is great if you’re trying to add more fish to your weekly menu. Both adults and kids love it! In addition, this tasty recipe is rich of essential omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin-D and selenium. You can combine it with any side dish from steamed vegetable to couscous.
Next time you’re in the seafood aisle, we recommend you opt for the wild salmon instead of the farmed-raised.
Do you like this Moroccan dish or do you know of a better way of making it? Feel free to share below your recipes and pictures as well as your favorite Moroccan food, dishes,…