With its unique culture and charming North African settings, Morocco has always been a fascinating and popular travel destination, with Marrakech consistently being mentioned as a top global attraction (most recently earning Trip Advisor’s Number 1 destination badge!).
Morocco Travel: Top 10 Things to visit
If you are traveling to the country, consider the following 10 tips and don’t miss out on some great experiences:
1. Get to the desert: The Sahara desert is one of the most fascinating places on Earth. Spend a few nights in the dunes for an experience you’ll hardly forget.
2. Experience the local cuisine: Moroccan food is rooted in tradition. Don’t miss your chance to experience some of the best cuisine in the world where everything is really special – from street food joints to fine dining restaurants.
3. Have a Hammam Bath: Much like the “thermae” were important to Romans, Hammam baths represent an important piece of local culture…and they are amazingly relaxing.
4. Stroll through the Medinas or outdoor markets: Markets in Marrakech or other cities are incredibly colorful and diverse places. You just can’t miss the amazing experience of walking through the busy quarters, and maybe find a great bargain!
5. A day at the beach! Situated at the northwest point of Africa, Moroccan coasts are wonderful and sunny giving you the choice between the North Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. What more to say?
6. Go on a trekking adventure: Discover famous outdoors sites such as the Atlas Mountains, the highest peaks in North Africa.
7. Talk to the people! Moroccans are famous for their kind heart and hospitality: a great place to make new friends!
8. Respect local culture: Needless to say, when you travel anywhere, you should respect the locals and their culture, even if it is different from yours. Have regard for the local’s religion, habits and laws.
9. Moroccan Tea: Most of the cafes serve Moroccan mint tea, usually accompanied with traditional sweets and moroccan delights. It is a very important piece of culture in the everyday life of most Moroccans.
10. Get a Moroccan souvenir: Just bring one of these unique Moroccan rugs, poufs or lanterns, with their timeless designs, home as a memory of your amazing adventure!
- 4-Day Morocco Tour: Fez, Meknes, Rabat and Tangier
- Price: $512.60
- 7-Night Private Andalusian Morocco Tour from Tangier
- Price: $1408.59
- 12-Day Morocco and South of Spain Tour from Madrid
- Price: $1271.69