If you’ve chosen Morocco as your next holiday location, perhaps you’ll be excited to learn that it is home to Africa’s oldest golf courses and is also one of the most promising golf destinations. Check our list for top 10 Golf Courses in Morocco and resorts:
1. El Jadida Royal Golf Club (18 Holes – Designed by Cabell Robinson):
Located in the coastal city of El Jadida, the Royal Golf Club is part of a luxurious 117-bedroom hotel and spa complex. If you want to have an authentic morocco golf experience with just a pinch of luxe, El Jadida is definitely your place!
2. Marrakech Royal Golf Club (27-hole golf course, established in 1933)
Visit the Marrakech Royal Golf Club for an unforgettable golfing experience down a palm, eucalyptus and olive tree-lined fairways – now with an extended layout to up to 27 holes. It is a legendary course, establishes in 1933 where Winston Churchill, David Lloyd George and General Eisenhower have all played here.
3. Golf Amelkis Marrakech (27-hole golf course, Designed by Cabell Robinson)
Another great golf course for amateurs and professionals alike, Golf Amelkis Marrakech offers a fantastic golf getaway just a 15 minutes from the city!
4. Golf du soleil agadir ( 2×18 hole Golf courses)
With its breath-taking sceneries,18 holes and relaxed atmosphere, this is without doubt amongst the best golf courses in Morocco!
5. Royal Golf Dar Es Salam (The domain is spread over 440 hectares, Designed by Robert Trent Jones)
This is perhaps the best place for every golf enthusiast. Listed amongst the most amazing golf courses in the world, Royal Golf Dar Es Salam is undoubtedly one of the jewel in Morocco’s golf crown.
6. Golf Essaouira Mogador (Two 18 hole courses, designed by Gary Player)
Located in Essaouira, or the windy city and part of a 5-star resort overlooking the sea, this golf course combines both relaxed atmosphere and lux for an unforgettable experience.
7. Mazagan Golf Resort (18 holes, designed by Gary Player)
Enjoy one of Morocco’s finest golf resorts in this all-inclusive 5-star luxury hotel, designed alongside the beach, following the contours of the dunes and natural features of the land.
8. Royal Country Club de Tanger ( 18 holes, established in 1914)
Created in 1917, this amazing golf course is one of the oldest golf courses in Africa. It has 18 holes and is the first golf club in the Mediterranean basin and the perfect place for some last minute golfer experience.
9. Royal Golf Anfa Mohammedia
The Royal Golf D’Anfa Mohammedia is an 18-hole golf course, located just off the coast of the capital Rabat. Various landscapes, including sand dunes will make your golf experience truly unforgettable!
10. Ouarzazate Royal Golf ( 9 holes)
This golf club is located at the gates of the Moroccan desert, in a truly stunning setting with a beautiful scenery, surrounded by Kasbahs, sand dunes, and charming oasis.
The Ouarzazate fairways are made up of broken terrain, with slopes and embankments winding their way between palm trees around an immense lake, which also serves as a barrier on the challenging final hole.