Taktouka or Moroccan Roasted Peppers with Tomatoes Salad is a cooked salad, using typical ingredients from the Moroccan kitchen. It can be served warm or cold and works great as a dip.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 thinly diced tomatoes ( previously peeled without the stem and seeds)
- 3 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- Chopped fresh herbs (cilantro & parsley)
- 8 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- Roast the peppers, on your oven, broiler, or gas stovetop, until the skin chars and softens (If in oven 400 degrees F for about 25 minutes)
- Place in a plastic bag and let cool. This will help the skins to loosen and peel easily
- Remove the stem and seeds and cut into stripes
- In a pan, pour the olive oil, add minced garlic. Add the diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Stir and cook for 5-7 min.
- Add the pepper stripes to the tomato sauce
- Sprinkle over chopped herbs
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until excess juices have evaporated .
Do you like our selection of Moroccan dishes or do you know of a better way of making it? Feel free to share below your favorite Moroccan food, dishes, recipes and pictures…