Moroccan decor is taking the world by storm due to its beauty, elegance and uniqueness. You can experiment endlessly with décor ideas bordering on Moroccan themes and the end result is truly stunning and a class apart. A Moroccan kitchen can definitely spruce up the surroundings and transform it into something extraordinary.
Here are some kitchen decorating ideas – take a look:
- Install Moroccan tiles on the floor and/or walls – these are handmade by skilled artisans and are a great reflection of Moroccan culture. Tiles are available in different colors, tones, and designs. Use glazed backsplash on the countertops for improved sheen and long-lasting polish.
- A kitchen should be brightly illuminated and Moroccan lighting is the perfect way to achieve that! Position a Moroccan chandelier at the centre and cover the rest of the ceiling with intricately carved lamps and lanterns. You can have a lantern as centerpiece for the kitchen table too.
- How can a kitchen be complete without utensils? Buy Moroccan cookware like tagine, the traditional clay or ceramic pot used for whipping up delicious stew (also called tagine), or a stainless steel couscoussier, where you can prepare couscous or steam rice in Moroccan style.
- Stools and tables are a smart and practical choice for the kitchen. There is a clear reflection of earthy tones and rustic elements in their design. Moroccan Furniture is made using numerous materials, with wood and wrought iron being the common choice as they are sturdy yet comfortable.
- Don’t forget to include cumin, coriander, dried ginger, saffron, mint, cinnamon, and paprika in your pantry – not only do they lend mouth-watering flavors to meals, but the warm, inviting aroma of exotic Moroccan spices makes it tough to stay away!
- While considering decorating ideas you must think of color schemes – use bright and bold shades like orange, red, and purple, which vibrantly accentuate the subtle charm of Moroccan décor.
- It is time to pay attention to the walls – Moroccan artwork such as handmade ceramic plates, wall hangings, picture frames will look fantastic, and even though it is unusual in the kitchen, a small Moroccan mirror works wonders for the overall theme.
- This type of Mediterranean décor needs an authentic copper sink with matching fixtures – Moroccan design can be personalized, so choose the size and shape accordingly. It is handmade and uses an exclusive, hammered type of copper as base metal.
- Buy Moroccan linen set with tablecloths and napkins hand-woven using soft, high quality fabric with different types of embroidery such as paisley or floral outlays.
- Now let’s get cooking! Famous moroccan recipes include saffron chicken, roast chicken with lemons & olives, tagine, prawns sautéed in Moroccan spices, chermoula, grilled calamari, slow roasted lamb, and much more.
So what are you waiting for? Get your very own Moroccan kitchen and notice the difference yourself!