This easy vegetable couscous recipe is quick and super healthy. It’s great as an appetizer or main course accompaniment- don’t add the vegetables and sauce to the couscous until just before you are ready to serve.
- 12 oz vegetable medley (carrots, cauliflower, zuchini squash), coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup pre-sliced onion
- 1 cup chicken borth or stock
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 25 parsley and cilantro sprigs tied together
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 2 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking plain couscous
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Add seasoning including saffron, turmeric, ginger, salt and black Pepper. Place tomatoes and herbs.
- Add broth and water, bring to a boil
- Add the vegetables, cook for 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are ready
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- In a serving plate, place the couscous with the vegetables on top. Pour some of the broth over.
- Serve hot
Do you like this Moroccan dish or do you know of a better way of making the vegetable couscous recipe? Feel free to share below your moroccan recipes tips and pictures as well as your favorite Moroccan food, dishes,…