- What Does the Moroccan Consulate Do?
Whether you have lost your moroccan passport, need to validate your marriage or need a family book, the moroccan consulate is the point of contact and assistance for moroccan citizens in the USA. This is just one of the many reasons that the moroccan consulate encourages all moroccan nationals, residing in the USA, to register. Registration is mandatory prior to any consular service. The procedure is quiet simple and can be checked online. The moroccan consulate also assists americans and other foreign nationals if they need to travel or reside in Morocco.
2. Consular Services
If you’re a Moroccan citizen, the moroccan consulate offers a variety of services:
- Issuance of passports
- Issuance of Moroccan Identity Cards
- Issuance of Family Record Books
- Notarization of official documents used in Morocco,
- Procedures towards divorce
- Validation of non-Moroccan Marriages
- Translation of Birth Certificates, Driver’s Licenses, and High School & BA Diplomas.
3. Death Overseas
The Moroccan Consulate provides assistance concerning arrangements for shipment of human remains of Moroccans who die overseas to Morocco.
4. Visa and Residence Permit
The moroccan consulate assists with visa requirements and services for foreign nationals from countries requiring a visa to Morocco. The consulate also provide information on the procedure for all americans and other foreign nationals interested in residing in morocco, for more than three months.
5. Other Services
The Moroccan Consulate also helps with the following:
- Providing marriage requirement information for foreign nationals interested in marrying Moroccan nationals
- Divorce procedures
- Notarizing and legalizing procedures
- Providing information on bringing pets to Morocco
- Electoral lists and voting information
- Scholarships information
To Contact the Moroccan Consulate
For all Moroccans residing in the USA or if wondering if you need a visa to Morocco, you can reach the Moroccan Consulate in New York by phone at +212 758 262 or find out more information on their website: http://www.moroccanconsulate.com
For DC, Maryland, and Virginia residents, You should contact the Moroccan Embassy in Washington DC:
Call +202 499 1052 or find out more information on their website: http://www.embassyofmorocco.us/consular.htm
This information was taken from: The Moroccan Consulate website