The term prickly pear oil isn’t uncommon these days – it is definitely being touted as the next big thing in the world of skin care. People are talking about its many advantages and how it can improve the skin and restore youthfulness too.
What is prickly pear seed oil?
The oil is derived from the Opuntia Ficus Indica plant, which is a member of the cactus family and also known as Prickly Pear or Barbary Fig, which is why the oil is often referred to as the Barbary fig seed oil. It has been known to survive during adverse conditions like drought and famine, while still producing healthy fruits. The fruit of this tree contains many small black seeds from which the cactus oil is extracted.
What is the composition?
The oil is highly concentrated with Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and essential fatty acids (Linoleic Acid or Omega 6). In fact, it contains more Tocopherol (having strong antioxidant and free radical fighting properties) than any other oil available in the beauty care market. It is easily absorbed by the skin due to being packed with antioxidants and fatty acids.
What are prickly pear oil benefits?
- It nurtures the skin and protects against free radicals as it is saturated with Vitamin E.
- The skin becomes softer and suppler.
- The moisture content is locked, which nourishes the skin.
- Pores are tightened for a smoother and more refined texture.
- Fights against aging, stops early signs, and inhibits wrinkle formation.
- Gets rid of puffiness and dark circles.
- Eradicates dark spots by brightening them.
- Removes splotches, blemishes, and hyperpigmentation spots.
It can be used for intense treatment of the face and neck area that imparts a beautiful and natural glow to your skin.
Why is prickly pear oil price so high?
The prickly seed oil is one of the costliest beauty oils in the whole world as production is a labor intensive and time consuming process of up to 4 days. It is conducted manually by Moroccan women at cooperatives where the seeds are painstakingly separated from the pulp and dried, followed by cold pressing. Each seed has only 5% of the oil, so up to 60 lbs or seeds and half a ton of fruits are needed to yield 34 oz. of prickly pear oil.
We offer it to you at attractive wholesale rates – click here to buy now!